Thursday, August 28, 2008

Everything is bigger in Texas...

Even the strip joints. I feel it only right to lead off my new blog site with a topic that is not only current news, but one that relates to my interests in sports; as well as my interest in my sports teams I may follow. So why am I bringing up strip joints? Adam "Pacman" Jones was given the green light from N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Godell to play week one for the Dallas Cowboys. You will, of course, recall the fiasco... er, "wonderful journey" that Mr. Jones has taken us on in the past year of his suspension. As a Tennessee Titans fan, I would like to point out that I never wanted this guy in the organization... Right after he called the press conference to formally request we all call him by his nickname, Pacman, I knew it was going to be bad; but I never thought that over ten arrests and depleated play time would be the result of our number six first round pick of just three years ago. (He would later call a press conference to request that we no longer even use "Pacman" when referring to him.) Shooting charges and felony coersion charges aside, this guy has just proven to be a miserable person- so far.


The Dallas Cowboys organization, and Jerry Jones specifically, have been in the spotlight many times for recruiting troubled players to the team; most notably before Adam Jones of course would be Terrell Owens, who shunned his past quarterbacks (going as far as questioning Jeff Garcia's manhood... have you seen Jeff Garcia's wife? I'll take male pattern baldness any day if I get a crack at her.)and has an outstanding reputation of caring only of himself. It is the aim, of course, for the Cowboys to bring out the best in Jones, and to assure the public that his days of creating rap labels and doing third-party wrestling appearances are over with. Again, as a fan of the game, I honestly would like to see Adam get his career back on track. I hate seeing an athlete with that gifted of talent throw it away because he cant stay away from a gentlemen's club; however, If the old saying is true, and everything IS bigger in Texas, the lure of "making it rain" in his new home may just be too much for Mr. Pacman.

No comments: